Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Suicide Note


When night comes along
there starts the menacing song.
The doom looms over me

Their hands
that pricked,
that burnt
the very essence..
of me..
of my feminity..

The wind,
it brought the pain..
the years I've spent
accepting the syringe
filled with the beasts' urine.

The scars,
it brought the charred scent
of cigarettes thrown at my chest...
They molested
the best in me
and killed
my dreams....

Tears emerged from my locked
eyelids
and the heat
I felt it
tracing my veins
to my heart
ran like thin razor blades...

I bleed...
I bleed...
I bled...
          for years.

Then came the pictures...
my loving mother...
my father...
my brother...
my sister...
and the time we spent together.

I bleed...
I bleed...
I bled...
          the more.

So I took the poison;
my only option
to escape from this prison...

In my all consuming,
self-grieving,
wretchedness.....
I lay
D E A D...

with  a note
for my family
saying I was sorry...
I tried to live
but...

I bleed....
I bleed...
I bled...
          for years..
I was molested!

 This poem, A SUICIDE NOTE was written after i read an article, BANGLADESH -- WOMEN & GIRLS COMMIT SUICIDE TO ESCAPE SEXUAL HARASSMENT "EVE TEASING" that was forwarded by WUNRN. Further information on WUNRN may be found athttp://www.wunrn.com. The article itself may be seen at:  

No comments:

Post a Comment