Sunday, February 16, 2014

False Expectations

If only I caught you
oh vivid rays of sunrise
then an unquestionably gladness
would dance upon my eyes

Within the wave of ballads
I'm hunting authenticity
I've learned: not all roses can sing
rather, some hum in perfect hypocrisy

The fractured path of yesterday
I wish I'd never been
the forlorn lane of faux promises
made me forget how happy I had been.

Some of them think religiously
the proper essence of self-worth
is the summation of their fabricated beauty
plus their unmerited towering net worth

Lucky are some roses on natural soil
no toxin has poison their minds
unlike some that are watered by money
fanatics of lies...color-blind.

Some roses are not roses in winter
only a camouflage of soiled beauty
a plague killing high hopes
a friendship of treachery

If only I'd caught you earlier
oh glossy rays of sunrise
then surely no pieces of broken trust
would reflect upon my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment